Anti-embolism stockings are designed to meet the clinical need to increase blood velocity: they reduce the incidence of venous stasis, thrombi and pulmonary emboli in patients at risk or bedridden for long periods.
Medical Stockings and Anti-Embolism stockings: similar but non identical
Ø Medical stockings are preventive help in mostly cronic situations, even sever ones. They are first tool to use if for genetic, environmental or post-operative factors there is a problem of varicose veins. For example, in case of chronic venous insufficiency, deep vein valve failure, post sclerosing surgical treatment, secondary lymphedema due to fractures or during pregnancy. Or even if you have to stand for a long time or you have to face a long journey sitting.
Ø For serious preventive needs and when you are bedridden it is instead necessary to use medical anti-embolism stockings. You cannot take the risk!
The doctor will tell you to use anti-emoblism stockings and you can not underestimate the prescription:
▪ Single-leg tights antiembolism stockings
▪ Thigh Length anti-Embolism Stockings
▪ Anti-embolism Knee High
How to choose anti-embolism stockings
Orione® stockings structure ensures the correct compression for a long time. They are constantly subjected to stringent testing procedures, and are the result of close collaboration with the same patients. Orione® antithrombotic stockings are manufactured with the utmost care and technology, ensuring quality and proven effectiveness.
▪ What a Boost they gove to blood – they must guarantee a good boost to the circulation: Orione® stockings increase blood speed by 138.4%
▪ Choosing your size – it seems common but it is essential to give the leg the right compression. It is important to read the instructions to identify our size: both for Thigh Socks, Single Tights or Knee-highs.
▪ Open Toe – necessary to simplify daily inspection of bedridden people by medical staff
▪ Molded heel: helps prevent stockings rise or fall and increases patient comfort.
▪ Silicone on the upper band – prevents the sock from moving, allows to have a good compression, without the risk of allergies.